Laura Story

The other day I was driving in the car with the kids....excuse being to get lunch, reason being a needed sanity break. Sometimes it takes me getting out of the mess, the closed in walls, the constant destruction the new house takes daily, to catch my breath. So I drove, rolled the windows down, turned the music up, and let my soul breathe. As this particular song (which musically is not quite my taste) came on the radio, I began to reach down and change the station. Something, however, caught my attention.....I did that "thing" I do....and really started listening to the lyrics. That was all it took.

After getting home, eating lunch, and putting my two boys down, I decided to go to the computer to look up the song and really read the lyrics. Before I knew it, I was the only one awake, sitting infront of a computer screen, with tears rolling down my cheeks. Blessings by Laura Story. Laura Story. This song could not have been more "Laura's" story if I had written the words myself. Every line, every word, spoke directly into the place I seem to find myself so often in this season of my life.

Some days I have given all that is in me to give and yet life still demands more. Some days I feel defeated before my feet ever hit the floor. Some days.....I simply wake up and hit the automatic "survival mode" button that I truly believe is programmed into me somewhere.

But "what if?"

"What if?" Those words to me imply a sense of hope. It's not just saying that there will be rain, tears, sleepless nights, trials....it's saying "what if" God is there in the midst of them? "What if" there is a greater reason behind what only we can see?

What if your blessings come through raindrops
What if your healing comes through tears?
And what if a 1000 sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know you're near?
What if my greatest disappointments
or the aching of this life
is the revealing of a greater thirst
This world can't satisfy?
And what if the trials of this life
Are your mercies in disguise?

"What if"......the trials of this life really are HIS mercies in disguise?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Can Have Me

They're Watching...

Holy HATS!!!