Same Kind of Different As Me

This may come as a complete shock to those who know me well....but I....have become a reader. I think it is my long lost passion. I can't recall why I never liked to read growing up. There is something about being "made" to read that takes the fun right out of it.

One of my sweet friends told me about this book. The cover of the book reads, "a modern-day slave, an international art dealer, and the unlikely woman who bound them together." I was truly touched by the true story of Denver Moore and Ron Hall. It amazes me daily the relationships that God can bring together, but even more so, the wisdom that can come from the most unexpected places.

The wisdom I am referring to came from a homeless man (Denver), and I wanted to share some of his quotes that stuck with me from the book. I hope that I can carry them with me always and begin viewing the world as he did.
"The Word says God put ever star in the heavens and even give ever one of em a name. If one of em was gon' fall out the sky, that was up to Him too. Maybe we can't see where it's gon' wind up, but He can."
"Our limitation is God's opportunity. When you get all the way to the end of your rope and there ain't nothin you can do, that's when God takes over."

"But I found out everybody's different-the same kind of different as me. We're all just regular folks walkin down the road God done set in front of us."
.....and this one of course I not only love, but believe whole heartedly.....
"There's somethin special about a river, somethin spiritual that I believe goes all the way back to the river Jordan."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make Room for the "BUT"

Grumbling

You Can Have Me