Movie Love

Last night I saw a movie where the actress reminded me a lot of myself. She fell hopelessly into her romantic movies, quoted her favorite lines, believed in the existence of love as it was in the movies, even wished her story was like a movie. It made me smile because that, guiltily, is me. I melt at a good movie. I cry my way through a heartfelt book. I quote the sappy lines! I know it's silly, but I've always believed that if someone could write a book or movie with such depth....then somewhere, sometime, somebody had to at one point feel that emotion. Right? Well, honestly...who knows if I'm right.


Pondering later on the movie reminded me of an email that took place a few weeks ago with my husband. As much as I wish I could say he talked to me like this all the time (moment to laugh out loud), there was a specific reason this conversation arose. Nevertheless, it still brought tears to my eyes. Here is a piece of what he wrote to me:
You are a beautiful woman. Your wit and mischievous pranks are endearing. Your fun personality is a breath of fresh air to the dullness of most people. Your caring and compassion for people and things is contagious. The fact that you cry at everything is so sweet. Your interaction with people is amazing to watch. You can connect with people on many different levels…and really quickly. The things you like to do for fun make you more appealing than 99 percent of the girls I have ever come across. While you do have an amazing heart it is just a fraction of what you makes you so great.
What I realized is that I may not have Prince Charming that puts a slipper on my foot and we ride off into the sunset. Or the man who sets up a flashmob in the middle of Grand Central Station to tell the girl he loves her. I have the story that the movies can't capture. My man doesn't steal the show and then the movie ends. He's the one that keeps on fighting, keeps on whooing, keeps on loving......every day.


I have the movie. Maybe in some way we all do! We're just usually too busy watching the "fake" ones to write our own. I'm going to start working on capturing the big scenes in my own more often.....just so I can put all those Hollywood ones to shame. And I may still throw in a flash mob here or there.....just because....


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You Can Have Me

Grumbling

They're Watching...