A Case of the TERRIBLE TWO'S

I often wonder if it is just me who can find a lesson in almost everything....or if it is God who is actually trying to teach me a lesson in almost everything. If I were a bettin' (wo)man, I would go would the latter.

You know when you just wake up to one of those days: bad mood, mad at the world, lacking joy??!! Well this is how my two year old woke up the other day.

Fresh out of bed, changing his diaper, he sternly says, "I don't like anything!!!"
"Why," I ask?
"Because.....I don't like anything!!!"

And there you have it.....truth and honesty from the mouth of a two year old. For his sweet, little heart, it was just going to be one of those days. Isn't it a little sad how early in life we develop the "grumps?" I mean, how hard is life at 2?

Nap time rolls around....and that cute, curly headed mess still just wasn't happy.....but oh so sleepy! No matter what I did, he screamed hysterical. He wasn't sick, he wasn't hungry, he wasn't hurt....he was just plain mad! Normally this is where Mommy would be checking her sanity at the door, but instead I just held him in my arms, rocked him, rubbed his hair, and sang to him. Sure, you couldn't have heard me over those high-pitched wails, but all I could do in that moment was love him, let him know I was right there, and that we were going to tackle those "grumps" together.

As I sat their calmly rocking this hysterical child, wondering why I hadn't lost it yet as well, I found myself pondering the thought...."Is this what you do for me, Lord?" When I am having one of "those" days where I am crying, in a terrible mood, mad at everything, maybe even mad at God himself.....does He simply hold me in his arms, rock me, rub my hair, and calm me with His voice....letting me know He loves me, he is right there, and we're going to get through it together?

And.....futhermore.....how often do I miss it because I'm the one doing all the screaming?

Ohhhh.....the lessons. I love the ways God is always giving me, not only insight, but understanding to who He really is and the depth of love He has for me.....even when that wisdom comes packaged in a case of the TERRIBLE TWO'S!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy HATS!!!

You Can Have Me

They're Watching...