Love Me for Me


First off, I just love JJ Heller. She definitely has some powerful songs/lyrics. But I love this song. It brings tears to my eyes every time I just sit and really listen to it. "I will love you for you." How often, in the midst of who we are....all our mess, all our junk, all of our just plain ugly, are we loved for the mere, simple fact of just being ourselves? I TRULY can't wrap my head around that. In fact, one day during bible study we were discussing the chapter of our book about God being just plain crazy in love with us. I walked down stairs for a moment to get coffee and sort of prayed out loud to myself with a genuinely confused, humble heart....."Why, Lord? Why do you love me so much? Why do you care so much?" And out of no where I swear that He answered me....

Because I made you!

In that moment my eyes filled with tears because in that moment I finally understood. I love my kids, with all that is in me, I love them. While they CAN do plenty of wrong in my eyes =), no one or nothing could make me love them any less than I do.....I love them for who they are, inside and out, junk and funk, simply because they are mine!

But what I love so much about this song is the bridge:
I have watched you suffer all of your life
And now that you'll listen, I'll tell you that I...
I will love you for you....
"Now that you'll listen"......never more have those words hit home. How often do I get in my own way? Put my own rationalizations, thoughts, and perspectives into things rather than listening to Him.......listen to Him tell me He loves me for me.....listen to Him tell me that I am enough!
I will love you for you
Not for what you have done or what you will become
I will love you for you
I will give you the love
The love that you never knew

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy HATS!!!

You Can Have Me

They're Watching...