Come to Save Us


The lights were dim, candles were lit, the worship team was singing, tears were streaming down my face. This is where I found myself in church this morning. The message that has been stirring in my heart for weeks had never been made so clear, had never been so powerful in that moment.

When I allow myself to look back over the past year, I realize that it has been without a doubt the toughest year I have ever experienced to date (which is a scary thought in itself....to date.....knowing that there will be harder years to come). I have experienced the highest of highs, the lowest of lows, been transitioned, unsettled, uncertain, unprepared, uniquely broken. And though all of these things continue to wage war against me daily, I have marveled at God's ever impeccable timing. It is such timing that reminds me beyond a shadow of a doubt that He is in fact there, that He is in control of all things, and that He does love me. I have said many times that Christmas is what has saved me this year. The joy, the lights, the snow, the plays, the baking, friends, family, giving, and most of all the continuous reminder of why we celebrate this season. It has given me hope again. But, listening to this song today, I realized that it is NOT Christmas that has saved me.

"Jesus, you're the one who saves us! You're the one who saves us! King of all the other kings on Earth!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy HATS!!!

You Can Have Me

They're Watching...